waiting on wednesday (13)

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 |

I’m participating today in "Waiting On" Wednesday. It is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, and its purpose is to spotlight eagerly anticipated upcoming releases.


I seem to remember that really good middle grade (MG) books were as rare as unicorns when I was a kid. The thing is, when I look back at a list of ‘favorite’ children’s and YA books from my own past, they almost always fit as middle grade as it is defined today. Botheration! Good news: out in the great, wild world they’re publishing more middle grade fantasy, and that really floats my boat. This one, by Sarah Prineas, looks fantabulous. Winterling will be released by HarperCollins on January 3, 2012.


With her boundless curiosity and wild spirit, Fer has always felt that she doesn’t belong. Not when the forest is calling to her, when the rush of wind through branches feels more real than school or the quiet farms near her house. Then she saves an injured creature—he looks like a boy, but he’s really something else. He knows who Fer truly is, and invites her through the Way, a passage to a strange, dangerous land.

Fer feels an instant attachment to this realm, where magic is real and oaths forge bonds stronger than iron. But a powerful huntress named the Mor rules here, and Fer can sense that the land is perilously out of balance. Fer must unlock the secrets about the parents she never knew and claim her true place before the worlds on both sides of the Way descend into endless winter.

Sarah Prineas captivates in this fantasy-adventure about a girl who must find within herself the power to set right a terrible evil.


What books are you waiting on?

21 comments:

sRy_ said...

this one, Winterling, has a beautiful cover ;)

satins booki said...

this looks good ;)


http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Jennifer G. said...

I love the cover! Sounds interesting too. :)

http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday_13.html

Traci @ The Reading Geek said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Winterling sounds good and the cover is great!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Cool pick. Pretty cover too!

PeaceLove&Pat said...

love the cover. Haven't read any fantasy-adventure in a while maybe this could start me reading that genre again.

Thanks for visiting my WoW.

Megan @ Book Brats said...

Love the cover! Interesting pick, and I'm a new follower! Love your blog.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9462774-eternity

Karen L. said...

OoO, I love the cover font! and that the girl's name is Fer--that strikes me as a ridiculously awesome name, for some reason. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

I love the cover!

Thanks for visiting my Wow
http://shamelessromancereviews.blogspot.com

Book Sake said...

This one sounds great! Love the cover as well.

Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

Curling up by the Fire said...

This one sounds really interesting. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Michelle Santiago said...

i just found out about this book today and i thought it perfect for my little sister. i really like the cover too.

thanks for stopping by our WoW :)

-michelle

Fantastic Book Review said...

Sounds like my type of read! I love the cover too!

Natalie said...

This sounds like a really cute book! I've never heard of it before until now. Nice pick :)

Drowning In Books said...

Awe, this looks cute and interesting! :)

Sandy said...

Thank-you for stopping by my blog :)

I can't say I don't love a good MG Fantasy.

Sandy

Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit said...

hey cool blog! Check out our blog at http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/

danya said...

I'm interested about the power of oaths in this one - and also the cover is very pretty!

Lisa Mandina said...

Not my type of read, but I know plenty of my students who I could suggest this to that would love it! Thanks for the heads up!

Erica said...

This one looks super awesome! I can't wait til it's out!

Kristin @ Beneath Shining Stars said...

Oh my goodness! This sounds amazing! I was a complete sucker for horse stories when I was younger and I'm definitely intrigued--so I'll be adding this to my "want to read" list. xD

Newer Posts Older Posts Home