silly, poetic christmas

Thursday, December 24, 2009 |
I've been absent around the blog lately...because all my siblings are home for the holidays. I LOVE it. Tonight I asked Lincoln to write a poem. He came up with this in about ten minutes. Not Robert Frost, but it’s fun and he’s very sweet to indulge me. For more (and better) vintage Lincoln, check out his creative parody of the tune Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Enjoy!

Silly Holiday Poem

Wrapping presents, stuffing stockings

To the Walmart shoppers flocking

Candy caning, misltetoeing

Tasty eggnog freely flowing


In the air is Christmas spirit

You can see it you, can hear it?

Sleigh bells ring but where’s the snow?

Is it coming? Prob’ly no


Cousins, friends, all invited

Not that I’m all that excited

Yet they’re here to share the fun

But I’ll be glad when it’s all done

10 comments:

fredamans said...

Cute poem!

Merry Christmas!

Robin said...

Wonderful poem! Have a very Merry Christmas with family and friends!

Kristen M. said...

Merry Christmas! Alas, no snow but that's okay this year. :)

She said...

Adorbz! Merry Christmas!

Alyce said...

I love the poem! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays! :)

Ryan said...

Thank you for that, it gave me a good laugh. Hope you and your have a wonderful Christmas filled with love, laughter, and fun.

Diana Dang said...

Haha, fun poem

Merry Christmas!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Great poem. Thanks for sharing it with us. I am glad to hear you are having a great time with your family. Hope it keeps going for you. Happy Holidays!

Lisa said...

I'm with Lincoln--I love to be with my family at the holidays but I'm so glad when it's over!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home