the last breakfast

Saturday, August 15, 2009 |
On my last morning in Atlanta we went to one of my favorite breakfast places, The Flying Biscuit.


So in honor of general Atlanta awesomeness, specific Candler Park Flying Biscuit genius, and the wonder that is breakfast food + strong coffee, I bring you...our meal!

My mom had the Egg-stravaganza. Yes, that's an oatmeal pancake with peach compote on the left. And a small bowl of grits. Delicious!

Elizabeth had the French toast with raspberry syrup and honey anglaise. Seriously YUM.

Lincoln had a Piedmont Scramble.

I had the Southern scramble, which included spicy collard greens, bell peppers and turkey bacon. WOW.

I think I'd be quite willing to switch to food blogging, as long as it includes lots of eating and pretty pictures. Will have to discover how that works. In the meantime, I hope you are drooling!

13 comments:

Missy B. said...

I am! I love breakfasts like that! Glad that you had an awesome time.

Ryan said...

I love the scrambles, they look positively yummy!

Aporia said...

Actually, that's the High Flyer on top, not the Egg-stravaganza.

Ryan said...

I can't not look at the pictures and get hungry.

Stop by and pick up your award.

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com/2009/08/zombie-chicken-award.html

She said...

I am so drooling right now, thanks!

Eli said...

Oo I know that place (I'm an ATL blogger lol). What brought you to Atlanta?

vvb32 reads said...

yummy! good hearty breakfasts for all i say! from your tweets it sounds like the road trip is coming along well. hope melli is faring well.

Catherine @ The Healthy Tales said...

Yum! I haven't had french toast in what seems like forever. Now I am hungry.

I have found that when I post recipes to my blog that everything looks better with photos. It also makes me hungry.

teabird said...

Peach compote on oatmeal pancake? Oh my goodness. Serious yum.

Anonymous said...

Delicious! I love breakfasts, especially if it's not too early.

Kara said...

This food looks good! I wish I was in Atlanta. If I ever make a trip there you can count on me stopping by for some breakfast

Jenny Girl said...

mmmmm....wish I could have some :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

I'm getting hungry just looking at these. I'll have to try this place next time we drive through Atlanta.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home